Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Funday



So I'm still in the middle of recovering from last week's wisdom teeth extraction: I had all four taken out and all of them were impacted. For those of you who've had this done, you know it's not an enjoyable experience. Three of them came out just fine, but one fractured as it was being removed (which tends to happen more with young adult / adult age patients since the bone hardens with age, making it easier to crack and break).

I was asleep during the entire procedure, and woke up with no pain, just lots of numbness... but less than 24 hours later and I was in a lot of pain. It's been 6 days since the procedure, and other than a small bruise on my lower cheek, my left side of my face (top and bottom) has nearly completely healed. The bottom right side, however, is still in a lot of pain :( making sleeping & eating more difficult, but also making it painful when I run or jump. Hopefully things will return back to normal by the time I'm in Boston so I can return to my weekly runs.

Had to share this funny cartoon I found:

Love the guy on the far left ;)
On a more positive note, while I've been home in Ohio, I've been lucky to enjoy the fabulous cooking of one miss V. Fowler aka Mom. Healthy meals can be delicious too :)
Amazing tenderloin roast (leftover from Christmas dinner) with what was left of a take-out salad from Rusty Bucket
Roasted veggies
Warm carrot ginger soup (w/ sweet potatoes): Perfect for a chilly day
Lastly, a fun workout routine:

Start with a 30 minute cardio base: run, walk, bike, elliptical, hike, whatever you'd like!

Then, 20 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
5 push ups
10 box jumps or step-ups
15 sit ups
*If you decide to do this workout, post how many rounds you got! I did 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment