Monday, September 19, 2011

THE MOST AMAZING WEEKEND!






WOW! I had such a great weekend I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fit it all in one post! After Felice got back on Thursday night, I realized that I had been so used to living alone, that my routine of working hard all day prevented me from allowing myself to have any fun AT ALL! I definitely needed this weekend full of relaxing, and that's exactly what I did!

Friday night I stayed in with Felice and we watched Season 1, Episode 1 of Mad Men. I had attempted to get into this show when it first came out but was too preoccupied with other things to keep up with it.


Saturday, I went to the BC football game against Duke with Tricia and her roommate Laura - which was so much fun. I ran into a LOT of BC friends that I hadn't seen in a while and it was so nice to catch up with them. It was a beautiful day! Unfortunately, BC lost, so now they're 0-3 ... but I'll be going to the game again next Saturday so hopefully they can snag their first win! I then met up with my Team Challenge group in Quincy to walk ~4 miles on Quincy Shore Drive. I met a new group of people, as I normally stick with the running crew, so that was a nice change.

Sunday morning I ran my first 10k in Gloucester at the Lone Gull and made GREAT time of 53:45 and running my longest distance ever! To some, 6.2 miles might not seem like a lot, but to me, I was just happy I finished! I placed 50th out of 175 in my age group, which, considering how many people were at this race, I'd say is pretty good! I felt so sore afterwards, but then immediately went off to the Esplanade to meet the SHPE Outreach group for a wonderful afternoon picnic with other SHPE university students! There was sandwiches, cookies, and Clara's Tres Leches cake! :) Ended the weekend watching the Pats defeat the Chargers at Sarah's apartment and then catching some good Emmy awards at the end of the night.

Workouts:

Friday: 4.3 mile run (outside at work); 37:06; discovered a new route out back that I'll definitely be running more (despite the cooler weather) because anything more than 3 miles on the treadmill is unbearable!

Saturday: 6 miles of walking (2 miles at the Reservoir, 4 miles with Team Challenge)

Sunday: 10k Lone Gull Race in Gloucester, MA; 53:45; beautiful morning race on the beach!

Fundraising:

Currently at $1628! (44% of the way there) -- I'm going to have to find some more creative ways of fundraising so I can continue to get all of this wonderful support!

Food:

Friday:
Breakfast: Chobani greek yogurt with Kashi cereal
Lunch: Turkey wrap
Dinner: Back beans with sauteed peppers, mushrooms, and onions over cucumbers and lettuce with a whole wheat piece of bread
Saturday:
Breakfast: Chobani greek yogurt with blueberries and Kashi cereal
Lunch: Turkey wrap (forgot to take a picture!)
Dinner: Burrito!

                               

Sunday:
Breakfast: Cinnamon Swirl instant oatmeal with almonds, banana; Post run: Eggs and apple
Lunch: Fage greek yogurt with blueberries and Kashi cereal
Dinner: Last of my black bean leftovers with onions and red peppers and cucumbers on a spinach salad with whole wheat bread (same pic as above!)

No comments:

Post a Comment