Friday, September 16, 2011

FELICE IS BACK!

So Felice came home last night (finally!) after traveling around the country for pretty much a month. It's so cool that her job during the week is going to client sites and getting to stay in nice hotels, but I'm definitely happy to have my roommate home for the weekend! I feel like I've been so caught up in the routine of working, eating, work out and sleeping that it's easy to forgot to add a little fun in there too, and hopefully I'll get to do that this weekend with a movie, dinner, and much needed catch-up with Felice! It's nice to have some fun fall weekends set up in advance, like with one of my best friends Ashley -- I have a NY trip and hopefully a hiking and farm/food trip coming up!! :)

Workout:

2.5 mile morning run, abs and arms workout, and 15 minute bike: Kind of tough getting going this morning because I was still sleepy (that's what I get for working out so early), but I picked up "Runner's" Magazine to get some good tips on recovery post-workout and types of shoes I might be looking into. I'll definitely want to get new running shoes before I get too close to race time, that way I can wear them in.

Fundraising:

Still at $1548! I am going to be sending out some more emails to new people next week, as well as sending personal letters so some immediate family members in hopes of bringing in another wave of funding. I was also thinking it might be cool to do bake sales in October, or try and get local restaurants to support me with gift cards and raffle them off at work! It may involve some creative event planning, but I'm DETERMINED to exceed my goal!

Food:

(Again, no pictures, I promise I'll be better today!)

Breakfast: Same as always. Strawberry Chobani with blueberries and Kashi cereal


Lunch: Boar's Head turkey breast on whole wheat bread with lettuce and spicy honey mustard.

Dinner: Leftover whole wheat pasta with Newman's Own marinara and a side salad with spinach, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and cucumbers!


1 comment: