Saturday, November 12, 2011

Letting loose a little

Being so regimented, with my work schedule, to working out, and to what and when I eat, can have it's benefits! For example, I've managed to budget better over the past 6 months (partially thanks to websites like Mint.com - which I recommend for all my friends who want to know exactly where their $$ goes); and I am able to accomplish most of the things I set out to do because I have such a schedule. That being said, constantly being in control has sorttttt of put me in overdrive on how strict I am with sticking to my plan. So, with the required increase in miles as I prepare for the last bit of a climb before we taper off to the half, I'm trying to let myself RELAX a little more and just "go with it" (as Felice would say).


Thursday:
Workout: Jenny taught me how to use the TRX and kettleballs at work and then I finished my workout with a 3-mile treadmill run (thank you, rainy weather).

Fun food:

Lunch: See below, which I also had with a side of grapes!
Leftover stir-fried tofu with edamame, broccoli, carrots, and spinach served over a piece of whole wheat toast 
For dinner I was boring and had a package of Smart Ones (like Lean Cuisine) because I was feeling lazy, but I treated myself to one of their Mocha Fudge Sundaes too :)

MMMM CHOCOLATE!

Friday:
Happy that it's almost the weekend! (Yes, I took the picture in my bathroom at work, haha)


Sweater (Old Navy); Shirt (Banana Republic), Jeggings (Guess)
Workout: Quick 3-mile lunch break run with Jenny outside! Finished with a foam roll to stretch out and then Jenny taught me some more core exercises using the stability ball :)

Food:
Went out on a DINNER DATE with... my roommate Felice! It was so nice! I can't believe this is the first time I've gone out to eat in Boston SINCE THE SUMMER! We went to Estragon down in the South End, because Felice wanted Tapas (which I'd never had) and this was highly rated on Yelp:

Roomie love!
We both treated ourselves to drinks, Felice got this Violet red wine, which was fruity but subtle, and I got Effewere (spelling!?) Apple beer, which was also really good! For our tapas, we got Espinacas a la Catalana (Sautéed Spinach, Pine Nuts, Golden Raisins), Pez Espada a la Vasca (Basque-Style Seared Swordfish Fillet, Guindilla Chiles, French Fries) and Mejillones (Steamed Mussels, Chorizo, Tomato,
Tarragon, Spanish White Wine)

Tapas!
For dessert, we went to J.P. Licks and got delicious ice cream!
Coffee chip and oatmeal cookie!
Saturday:
For a brisk Saturday morning, doing the 11-mile run was not on top of my list of things I really wanted to do, but training with Team Challenge made it SO much easier!
Minuteman National Park - 11 mile run!
After the run, Sarah, my mentor, and I went to Nourish, a cute little lunch place in Lexington Center and both got Vegetarian Chili and Sweet Beet and Feta Salad... mmmm

      

Unfortunately, the post turned out to be more pictures than actual "posting" but I promise my next one will be more of an update! Now I have to head off to school to get some homework done before I start procrastinating at my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment