Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Eventful weekend!

So much happened over the weekend that I apologize in advance for the long blog post!

Saturday:
I visited my grandparents for a very nice lunch (and coffee ice cream dessert!) and they gave me a brand new, white 16GB iPad2 as a combined graduation / Christmas present! (see below). I absolutely love it and know that it's going to help me organize & be more productive (and enjoy movies / magazines on plane rides home :) ). I need some good application suggestions though because there are way too many to search through...

My new iPad2 (thank you Gran and Granddad!)
After my big feast of a lunch, I drove down to Quincy to meet Team Challenge for our 10 mile loop on Quincy Shore Drive. It was an afternoon run, so the sun started to set while we were running. It was beautiful to watch but by the end I was glad to throw on some more layers!

Thanks to Coach Jenny for the awesome photo-skills; some of us girls of TC finishing our 10-mile run in Quincy
And, because I felt like I was coming down with a cold, I ended my Saturday night by painting my nails a fresh red glittery holiday color and cozying up to a nice movie & tea on the couch at home :)

Glittery Xmas red: hey, if Starbucks can get in the holiday spirit with their cups, so can I with my nails!
Sunday:
Despite feeling groggy from my cold medicine, and it being pretty chilly, I managed to get myself over to Cambridge for the 5K4Life Race for ALS and I got my fastest 5K time ever: 22:41! I felt so accomplished afterwards for pushing myself, and the extra speed kept me warm and I ended up feeling better post-run! I enjoyed a delicious turkey sandwich, courtesy of the race people, and tried Vita Coco water (which people can't stop raving about) and I didn't like it AT ALL. It's way too sweet and doesn't taste like anything special so I'm not trying that again.

Yummy Turkey sandwich and not-so-enjoyable Vita Coco water post-race in Cambridge
After a productive Sunday of catching up on schoolwork, I went over to Hugh's and cooked my mom's breaded chicken (using Pepperidge Farm Herb Crusted stuffing), steamed broccoli, and a little side salad. We watched "Homeland", which is a new show and is REALLY interesting!

Home-cooked breaded chicken tenderloin, steamed broccoli, and spinach & green pepper with feta cheese salad
Monday:
Pushed myself through a 4 mile run with Jenny from work, which was tough because I think I needed a rest day. My time was still under 9 min/miles but my legs felt like lead and the entire run I was praying it would be over soon... not the most fun feeling!

For dinner: :)

Spinach salad with cooked carrots, mushrooms, and black beans with whole wheat toast!
Tuesday:


Work outfit: Not my favorite, but it's supposed to be up to 67 today so I thought I'd celebrate with a skirt! I'm also wearing my new jewelry that I got from NY when I visited Jade w/ Ashley.

Also, spotted THIS at Walmart this morning and couldn't resist:

Yum... that's all for now folks!

1 comment:

  1. Apps you need: Wunderlist, Pandora, Eat Better Goal Getter, Kindle, Solitaire, The Weather Channel, Evernote, Open Table, Skype, Angry Birds, Netflix. What a nice gift! How were the Wheat Thins?

    ReplyDelete