Thursday, November 3, 2011

This week is FLYING


Who would have thought that catching up on work would make the days go by so quickly! First off, November is here – unbelievable how fast Fall is here and soon it’ll be winter (Starbucks holiday cups are out, makes me excited for egg nog and Christmas morning!). Along with the festive holidays comes the brisk and chilly weather – which, I was anxious about because I didn’t think I’d be motivated to run outside (and running more than 5 miles on the treadmill is depressing), but it turns out that the cold air is nice when you’re rushing through back roads. It’s actually really nice.

I did runs on Monday and Tuesday, and then switched it up and did Power Yoga at work yesterday with a 2-mile cool down. The yoga was great because I got some good stretching and breathing practicing in, which was perfect for a mid-week relaxation. Today I’m hoping to do between 6-8 miles with Jenny!

Got some quality time with friends this week too, which was great: Sassy and I had our Dexter ritual on Sunday, Hugh and I watched a new TV show Homeland and made pesto pasta (see below

Pesto pasta and a side salad with feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette dressing!
and I had some sour skittles J and then Tricia and I FINALLY got to catch up and have a delicious chicken and black bean with veggie mixture over a bed of spinach salad mix topped with fresh avocado! (see below)

Picture doesn't do it justice! (Disclaimer: It looked better before being half eaten!!!)
We, naturally being sweet-toothed people, followed that up with equally tasty Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Froyo.


It’s so nice to spend time with the people who matter!


I’m looking for some tips on fundraising because I’m still a little ways away from my goal but I don’t know what other tools are out there to utilize to try and reach peers and colleagues who haven’t yet given. I think I’m going to try and put out flyers at the gym at my work and at Ingalls at BU. If anyone has any advice though, please leave a comment on this post – I’d really appreciate it! I only have 2 weeks left and could really use the donation-boost!

Also, I soooo badly wanted to wear this outfit to work (and so I did!) but they would have gone PERFECTLY with these shoes:
Comfort is much more important!
...I also would have died trying to walk anywhere in them :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment