Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hello Mr. Nice Watch

I didn't have a good title for this morning's blog, so I just chose the first song title on my "Running" playlist! Speaking of my iPod and songs, I need a wider variety of songs (or just more of them!) because I find that I quickly get bored on my runs when I can anticipate the next song or have heard it too many times.

By the way, despite Boston being notoriously known for bad weather and snow, we've been BLESSED (knock on wood that I'm not jinxing this) with beautiful sunshine for a looooonng time lately. Granted, I was in California in 80 degree sunny weather during the snowstorm last weekend, but still!
Beautiful Brighton!

P.S. Recently have been discovering that a lot more people than I expected actually read my blog and I feel honored but at the same time, now more pressure to make these posts interesting and worthwhile! I hope they are! In future blogs, I'll incorporate more details about cool recipes I try or outfits (that are cheap!)


Workouts
Thursday: I was crunched for time because I got outside half an hour later than I'd hoped, but this didn't deter my plans to get in 7 miles, and I did it in exactly 1 hour and 1 minute! Hooray! At the time it didn't feel this way, but afterwards I felt great and accomplished for not being overwhelmed by lack of time or the fact that it was chilly outside.

Friday: Pretty tired from the week's workouts and knowing I have a 10-mile training run today (Saturday) and a 5K tomorrow (Sunday), so I took it easy and did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Nothing big :)

Outfit for work on Friday:
Sweater: H&M $12.95
Shirt: Banana Republic Outlet $8ish
Boots: Forever 21 $35


Fundraising
Had a few more people both at work and peers of mine donate to my Active site, which is AWESOME! I'm inching towards that $3700 goal and I know that if I really push for reminding people and contacting as many people as possible, I can get there. It's a little intimidating to know that the deadline is November 16th and that I'll be responsible for the missing difference between what I've raised now and my goal; but fortunately, I can get refunded up until January 4th for any last-minute donations and late matching gifts that come in - so that leaves me with some more time.

Food
Thursday: Did the normal banana & Chobani with Uncle Sam Original Whole Grain cereal breakfast (it's become my staple - so easy to prepare; healthy, cheap and filling!); and it was SUSHI THURSDAY at work!!! Sushi Thursday only happens every first Thursday of the month, where they have chef's come in and prepare "fresh sushi." I purposely saved up my "Lunch on Me"'s (I had 3 of them, worth $5 each) just for this occasion! So I used two ($10) and got a big bowl of soup (Sweet and Sour Vegetable - it was incredibly spicy; tasted like a soup you'd get at an Asian restaurant -- so delicious), an apple, a bottle of Sprite Zero, and one roll (6 pieces) of Salmon and Avocado Sushi... all for $10! The other rolls were more mixes of sushi and sashimi, which still looked great, but were really expensive. I had the soup / apple for lunch and the sushi for dinner (see below for the remains... forgot to snap a photo before I ate it!)



Friday: Same breakfast (shocking!), and had a turkey with spinach, mushroom, and cucumber sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch. Now... DINNER! I met up with Ana Sofia at BU and she treated me to the most fabulous feast of a guest meal at Warren Towers!!! Oh, thank goodness I don't live on campus (and never really actually had a dining plan as a BU undergrad), because I'm pretty sure I'd gain 30lbs from just the quantity of food I'd consume. Picture 5 different, equally delicious stations of prepared foods, ranging from pizzas and calzones, to the vegan/vegetarian option, to omelettes, quesadillas, salads, sandwiches and a "comfort food" station. To go along with all of this, they have unlimited fruit, cereal, coffee, soda, and frozen yogurt. I. Was. In. HEAVEN. To make this a proper dining experience, we got there at 6:30pm, and didn't leave until 9:30pm. Yup, and, oh yeah, dining closes at 9pm... See below for detailed pictures of the delectable food I devoured and felt so completely ecstatic about eating :)

Fruit of the Vine and Polenta Vegan dish (Meal #1)
Mmm Cinnamon Toast Crunch! (x2 bowls... oops!) a nice finish to the wonderful feast
Tofu salad with chick peas, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, spinach, italian dressing AND salsa :) (Meal #2)
Needless to say, I underestimated the value of BU Dining. THANK YOU ANA SOFIA FOR THE NICE TREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment