Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tuesday's post


Spin class was a killer this morning – Carlos, from BHAC,  really pushed us with sprints and hills. That being said, his music choice is awesome: modern songs make it more bearable. When spinning, 45 minutes feels like it's neverending, but when I’m asleep or watching TV, 45 minutes passes by so quickly. In order to not ease up on the workout, I tried to focus and be in the moment, telling myself to "keep going, it'll be over soon!" at each song, and before I knew it, it was 7am! Perfect timing for my drive to work.

TIRED!
BTW: an interesting exercise story: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/magazine/how-exercise-could-lead-to-a-better-brain.html?_r=1

Post workout I had a banana in the car and then after getting to work, I tasted the banana maple oatmeal they have in the café.



If I make oatmeal at home, I’ll usually put fruit in it, but its frozen. Frozen fruit is not only cheaper and stays fresher longer, but some studies show it’s better for you because the fruit is frozen at its ripest, so it keeps in the antioxidants and health benefits. (http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/tips/is-frozen-fruit-as-healthy-as-fresh-fruit/http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf990266t) Just make sure there’s no sugar added (it’ll say on the front) cause that’d be an unnecessary caloric additive. If you need to make the oatmeal sweeter, either buy the prepackaged Instant Oatmeal that’s flavored (I like Maple Brown Sugar or Cinnamon Swirl) or toss in some Splenda!

Want to save money on groceries? http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/budget2012?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=451231&utm_campaign=Nightly_2012-04-23%2021%3a30 I get daily emails from this site which tells me of local stores having deals. While daily emails can be overwhelming ,and sometimes I just delete them right away, it's nice to skim through and check for any household items I know I need -- and why not save a few $$? :)

For lunch, got a free ham and cheese wrap since my work offered a "Lunch and Learn" with Professor Eric Ledet from RPI on "New Technology for Orthopaedic Smart Implants" -- very interesting!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment