Friday, September 16, 2011

Running is mental too!

Sorry about not posting yesterday! I had started to write the blog after my 8pm class (I did the class Distance Learning so I could stay at work and not have to try and rush back to Boston during rush hour) but was pretty drained. I've got to figure out a better method for organizing my to-do list for the day - I always find myself saying I'm going to get "X Y and Z" done for the day, but more and more work piles up throughout my workday that it's hard to make sure I do everything!

Regardless, Wednesday was a good, overall day:

Workout:

5 mile run outdoors with Tim (from Team Challenge) in the Brighton area -- a tough day for a run because it was 85 degrees and so completely humid, but sometimes it's necessary to run in less-than-ideal situations, because weather conditions cannot be controlled for the race day, so better to be ready for anything! Once again, enjoyed talking during the run instead of relying on my iPod, because it made the time pass by much quicker.

Fundraising:

REACHED MY CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK! Alison, the Manager of the New England Team Challenge, gave me a week goal of getting to $1500, and I'm currently at $1548! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far, you all are making such an important difference in the lives of so many Americans who are affected by these debilitating diseases. Did you know that Team New England is only $5000 away from raising $50,000 so far?!?!!? INCREDIBLE!

Food:

(No pictures because I forgot!)

Breakfast: The usual. Strawberry Chobani with 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/4 cup of Kashi 7-whole grain puff cereal.

Lunch: Boars Head Lower Sodium Turkey breast on whole wheat bread with lettuce, onions, and spicy brown mustard; and some carrots

Dinner: I had a Groupon to Sunset Cantina that expired today so I took Elizabeth and Brandon to dinner and I had a turkey burger with steamed veggies and jalapenos, sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce, and green beans... yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment