Monday, September 12, 2011

I need new running shoes

Being that I never used to run this much, or this far, before, I also never had to worry about buying new running shoes. In fact, the only time I'd switch to new shoes was when I got them as a birthday or Christmas gift. Running this week put a lot of pressure on my knees and also on my lower back, so I definitely think I'm in need of some new shoes -- suggestions?

Workouts:

Friday: 2.5 mile walk - in need of a rest day after a long week of running. I also lifted possibly the heaviest couch ever up to my second story apartment, so I'd consider that my arm workout for the day...

Saturday: 5 mile run - Ran with Team Challenge at Carson Beach and it was beautiful out. Got a little hot mid run and I think I was pacing myself too quickly.

Sunday: 3.5 mile run, 1 mile walk - Ran to the Ferry's in Hyannis and part way back to the HP cape house with Ashley but both of us were tired from running so we walked the rest of the way. It was a beautiful day!

Fundraising:

On FRIDAY I officially hit the $1000 mark! Unbelievable! I am so grateful to have all of this support by my friends and peers! As of now, I'm exactly 1/3 of the way there -- but this much support is making me want to reach for the stars and get $7500 in donations! How cool would that be???? I think I can do it :)

Food:

Friday:
Breakfast: Raspberry Chobani greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1/4 cup of Kashi 7-whole grain puffs cereal (and one instant coffee)


Lunch: (No picture, sorry!) 3oz of lean turkey breast slices on 100% whole wheat Arnold's sandwich bread with spicy brown mustard, spinach, and onions

Dinner: Rushed to eat dinner because I had a late meeting from 7-8:30 and didn't get home til 9 so I was starving and ate Lean Cuisine Chicken Teriyaki with a side of vegetables and LOTS of carrots and hummus.



Saturday:
Breakfast: Raspberry Chobani greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of Kashi 7-whole grain puffs cereal

Lunch: (Again, no picture, I forgot!) Grilled Veggie Wrap with roasted red peppers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, and other veggies with balsamic vinaigrette that the chef DOUSED ON (not yummy) at "Fresh Ketch" on Cape Cod with Ashley!

Dinner: Baked salmon with a side of brown rice and roasted yellow squash -- homemade meals are the best!


Sunday:
Breakfast: Cinnamon Swirl High Fiber Quaker Instant Oatmeal with a handful of almonds

Lunch: Half of a 100% whole wheat wrap with tofu and tons of delicious, fresh veggies from "Common Ground" on Main Street. One of the best lunches I've had in a WHILE.


Dinner: (No picture) Black bean soupy vegetable mix with red peppers, onions, jalapenos, zucchini, and carrots with tomato salsa, cayenne pepper, cumin, mexican spice, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce... yum!


1 comment: