Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Innovation begins with an eye"

So I'm reading "The Art of Innovation" for my Intellectual Assets class, and it's not only surprisingly well-written and interesting, but I find that I can't put it down! It's also very motivating for the inner-inventor in everyone -- the author provides lots of a fun anecdotal stories about various big businesses that came to IDEO for a product solution and how his engineers went about solving the problem through "human factors" innovation!

So this week, and I'm sure as the weather starts to get cooler, will be all about pushing myself even when I don't want to do any more. Running outside is not always going to be ideal, and I'm going to need the training to get up to 13.1miles, so I'm hoping my mental part of running can strengthen just as much as my physical aspect has in the past few weeks.

Workout:

In the spirit of "pushing through it," I went past my normal "3 mile treadmill runs" at the gym this morning, and made it all the way to 4 miles in 34 mins, 50 seconds... not too shabby! Granted, my body could definitely tell when I hit that 3 mile mark and the last mile was pretty tough. I'm also learning to run without my iPod, which is not as easily done when you're staring at a wall inside. I followed the run with 15 minutes of P90X Ab Ripper X and then had a very busy Monday!

Fundraising:

Still on the rise!!! I'm at $1388, so 38% of the way there! With a lot of time left, I'm definitely hoping to exceed my goal of $3700. I've got a lot of people who have said that they will give in the upcoming weeks, so that's wonderful -- thank you all!

Food:

Breakfast: Raspberry Chobani greek non-fat yogurt with 1/2 cup of Kashi 7-Whole Grains Puffs (can you tell I like consistency??)
Lunch: Other half of my whole-wheat tofu and veggie wrap with carrots on the side. Very yummy!

                                     
Dinner: Half a cup of whole wheat rotini and Newman's Own marinara sauce with a side of spinach, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions (and fat free Italian dressing), AND some carrots and roasted red pepper hummus on the side :)

                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment